CaramelD
Ermmmmmm my blog is meant to be a coping mechanism for my life. But my life is now running at a speed that seems to not allow me have time for my blog! Well that's just ridiculous! I refuse to stop writing. Where else will I mutter and rant about all the bizarre things that happen in the never ending drama called life?

So I'm in my office and I'm in early. I could start on one of the never ending news stories I have to write, or start my award submission or call our student ambassadors for help in our events, but no. I'm going to write instead and damn everything else for the next ten minutes.

Well where to start?

Well I don't like my job that much anymore. It breaks my heart to say this but it's true. I also not loving having my pay frozen for the next two years. I can't help run my house on this income so I will have to start looking for a new job around summer.

Oooooooh I'm going to Miami!!! I'm going to Miami !!!!!!!! I'm going to Miami!!!! This will be first non-family related trip to America and I can't wait. It will also be a perfect opportunity to work through my 30b430 list. I haven't forgotten it you know! In fact I shall be crashing a party this weekend if everything goes to plan (that is number 14).

My Dad is back in London for a barrage of more tests and Mum in still in Nigeria for another two weeks, which means me in the kitchen (more so that usual) scratching my head for meal ideas to keep my Dad happy till my Mum gets back (long tings!!!!).

Britain is still full of doom and gloom and everyone hates David Cameron and thinks Nick Clegg is the greatest betrayer since Judas Iscariot.

My work load has tripled and I'm working longer hours which makes not want to exercise anymore. The result is a bigger Caramel and it's not funny at allllllll. My gym membership is going by the wayside so I'm going to cancel it and go to local community classes in kickboxing and Zumba.

Here's a little thing I heard yesterday and want to share: "Fear knocked at the door, faith answered and no one was there."

OK time is up! Back to the salt mines. Shout out to all my favourite bloggers whose blogs I miss reading :(
14 Responses
  1. Azuka Says:

    Hmm. I'm beginning to get some discontent at mine too, although I've barely worked for a year.


  2. CaramelD Says:

    It will be three for me in June and I'm worried! What's wrong at yours?


  3. youroneandonly Says:

    There's a Davina DVD with your name written all over it. That should keep you going in-between classes. You can pick it up right before you execute number 14. *wink*


  4. CaramelD Says:

    Let me tell you those Davina DVDs are intense. The woman no dey play oh! I did it once at my cousin's house, whoosh! In fact that is the only celebrity DVD that has the Caramel stamp of approval.


  5. Blessing Says:

    Welcome back and Happy New Year...

    I'm sorry that you hate your job, that def sux!


  6. Vera Ezimora Says:

    I've only worked for ... what, two months? And yeap, I want a new job! A better paying one. A fabulous one. With limos and stuff. I'm off to check out that 30b430 list.


  7. CaramelD Says:

    @ Blessing, Happy New Year! It's not hate, it's dissatisfaction, liek just before you split up with someone :) My manager said she can see it in my face but she has been so cool about it so whatever happens, the only way is up!

    @Vera, I didn't know you had started working! Where?


  8. LusciousRon Says:

    Awww. Think of the many people out of jobs. Hang in there


  9. CaramelD Says:

    Luscious! I know and I am grateful but I have to grow in my own career too, but it's all gravy. How body?


  10. SHE Says:

    Apparently, it's time to move on and find another job. I know the feeling.
    Please find time for the gym o! I remember when you were keen on it, and it really made you happy to shed some weight...


  11. Fun blog! First time here, I came over from lilith's I'll be back often!


  12. LucidLilith Says:

    Aw Caramel...i hate to hear you say you hate your job. On the bright side, you still have a job. My half brother high-tailed it back to naija last year due to the economy.

    Woo-hoo about miami!


  13. Unknown Says:

    *sigh* C'est la vie! That's life

    :)

    Lovely blog and a fun read. You're an awesome writer!

    xoxo

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com/


  14. ManCee Says:

    Awww... *bear-hug-lift-you-off-the-floor*