CaramelD
I don't know how it is for other people, but if I didn't have God in my life, I would be a wreck. I'm barely hanging on to my sanity as it is and that is only because I still struggle with completely letting go and handing over EVERY worry to Him. I'm getting there though. Baby steps eh?

With families, we all grow up and learn to live with aspects of our loved ones' behaviour and try and work around it for the sake of harmony and peace and anyone who knows me knows that I am slow to anger and confrontation and will always look for a peaceful solution out.

With that in mind, I pray that God reaches out and talks sense to my Dad very soon or I will not be held responsible for my actions. My Dad's behaviour this past few weeks is baffling to say the least. As in I don't even sleep properly anymore. From a misplaced sense of male pride and ego, my Dad is now a source of constant headache and worrying to us. I am tired! His peers and confidants who might have talked sense into him are unfortunately no longer with us so I don't even know who to turn to. So I pray now for the Grace of God to intervene. If my Dad, through his actions, jeopardises the hopes of my family, like I have said before, I will not be held responsible for what I will do.
8 Responses
  1. Blogoratti Says:

    I don't know what you are going through right now, but all I can say is -do hang in there okay.
    All the best*



  2. Asampetee Says:

    Hey hun...if your Dad is anything like mine(traditional is the word they use)....bidding time always works...and trust and faith that it will pan out alright. So hang in there Hun...I've said a prayer for you...x


  3. CaramelD Says:

    There is traditional, and there is hard headedness (is that a word?). Thank you for your prayers, I need all I can get.


  4. Myne Says:

    Maybe try to talk to him calmly? I hope everything works out.


  5. mizchif Says:

    Ndo o.
    Hope he comes around soon, whatever the matter is.
    Take several deep breaths.

    (((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))


  6. aloted Says:

    Sorry to hear about this...I pray that God strengthens you during this time...and that everything works out fine...

    hugsss


  7. CaramelD Says:

    @Myne, Nne I can't be the one to talk to him because he won't hear it from me but my Aunt said she would give it a go. I was so annoyed when I wrote this, I ended up calling her in Nigeria in tears. She calmed down a bit and I'm grateful or her her advice. We shall see.

    @Mizchif, thank you! I have been breathing deeeeep! I'm no longer seeing red.

    @Aloted, Thank you for your kind words and wishes, I pray so too x