CaramelD
Three years of ranting and sometimes talking sense. Loved it. Loving it. Love it.
It was headache over a man and adventures in Lagos that made me start but I'm sure glad I did.
I love my blog.

Do you like my photoshopped picture? It was sent by a friend to cheer me up when I was under the weather. I laughed eh! Madness! My Mum was rolling on the floor. The picture though does remind me of my own notorious three year old story that my Mum's family won't EVER let me forget......

So as the story goes, three year old me had gone to a family member's traditional wedding in my Mum's home town with the Parentals. So my Mum thought she was doing a good thing by handing me over to her younger brother to keep an eye on me.
For some yet to be explained reason, my Uncle now thought that it would be 'healthy' for me to have some of his Guinness as it would help my digestive system and boost my immune system as well. That is how they gave my Guinness oh!
Yup I got drunk.
So by the time the wedding was winding down, I climbed unto the Chairman's table, took the microphone and said (in no apparent order and repeatedly);
"You Baskards! Go to your own house and I will go to my own"
"Stop eating my Aunty's food"
"I said go your own way jo"
"You are all Baskards"
My Mum said she wanted the ground to open up and take her there and then! She died five hundred times. She said she ran sharply in her wrapper and koi koi shoes and swiped me off the high table and out of the compound. Then I told her, "Mummy my head is turning" and promptly fell asleep! My Uncle didn't come near my house for a while after that ;)
PS That was my one degenerate incident till I pooed in my pants in kindergarten.
PPS I want to thank all my blog readers and commentators. You are the buttercream icing on my caramel sponge cake!
22 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    LOvely one, Caramel! Love this!And congratulations on your 3 years.


  2. Lmao! Did you get a whooping for that?! Congrats on your 3rd blogversary...wishing you more!


  3. Rayo Says:

    out of the mouths of intoxicated babes...
    lol


  4. akaBagucci Says:

    Hahaha -- clearly you have always had the talent for radio and stand up comedy... :)


  5. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Wedding and Booze @ Three?

    No wonder you still score in those departments till date!

    LMAO!!!!!

    Happy Blogday!


  6. Myne Says:

    Happy blog anniversary dearie. That pic and the story that followed were hilarious. Who ever did the pic is talented, men...lol..


  7. leggy Says:

    i felt so embarrassed reading that.i can only imagine how your mum felt.im sure it wasnt funny at that time.


  8. Happy 3 years! That's a hilarious story...love the "baskards" part...clearly you must have heard that talk somewhere ;)

    And what an adorable kiddie you were...sure you are even more attractive now!


  9. T.Notes Says:

    Yayyyyy!!!congrats!!
    My all time fav blog read!
    N my first naija follow blog;-)


  10. LucidLilith Says:

    lmao! oh no he did not give you Guinesss! This is why naija needs Child Protective Services.

    CaramelD the Inebriated....I can't stop laughing.



  11. CaramelD Says:

    @ Tout, thank you very much! iBlush.

    @Young Grumbler, why do I get a whopping? I was an innocent victim :)

    @Rayo, for real!!

    @DannyB, shebi all I need to activate it is Guiness? LMAO!!

    @Sirius, Erm Madam hold yourself oh! What are you implying? I have found Jesus :) PS as my number one commentator, happy anniversary to you too.

    @Myne, thank you! Can you see the power of photoshop? He did another one that was lovely but that was with my current pic so couldn't share it :(

    @ Leggy, what I feel is puzzled! Where did I get the vocab from? My Mum said my Dad was angry enough for both of them LOL!!

    @GNG, who knows oh? Who knows? Original Surulere girl like myself God knows where I heard it :) Thank you for the compliment I will soon start giggling like a fool :)

    @ T.Notes, WOW!!!!!!!! Really? Awwww. That made my day. Thank you very many!

    @LucidLilith, Guinness bleugh yuck!!!!! Not even something posh, so I could pose LMAO!!

    @Aloofar, laugh oh, it's allowed ;)


  12. SHE Says:

    LOL!!! If I were your mum, I would deny you flat out at that point!


  13. ibiluv Says:

    hheheheheheheheeh


  14. CaramelD Says:

    @ SHE, Ah that would not be true love now!

    @Ibiluv, I knowwwwww :)


  15. Anonymous Says:

    Happi Blog byday nne. U know Who I be na so no need to kon add my name join!


  16. Sugarking Says:

    The funniest part about this post was reading ur antics at the wedding, and then scrolling up to look at ur pic and trying to connect the two. Priceless!!!!! lmao


  17. Muse Says:

    "You Baskards! Go to your own house and I will go to my own"
    "Stop eating my Aunty's food"
    "I said go your own way jo"
    "You are all Baskards"

    hehehehohohohohehehehohohoh!

    BLOODY HELL!

    My goodness, I nearly fell off my chair this morning!

    Happy 3rd babe!


  18. CaramelD Says:

    @Anon, Ermmmmm actually I don't know who this is.........

    @Sugarking, yup my degenerate self started a long time ago.

    @Muse, Thank you! But please stay on your chair abeg!


  19. Molara Brown Says:

    Happy blog birthday...can;t stop laughing at the words coming of an intoxicated 3yrs old you...lovely week


  20. Rita Says:

    OMG...you didnt do that...some of the things we do as kids...

    That picture has to be you or no one else...so cute...also thanks to photoshop...


  21. Anoda Phase Says:

    oh gawd! I laffed till my eyes nearly popped...I feel so sorry for ur mum, I can only imagine her embarrassment in that moment...LOL!