CaramelD


The very thought of trying to chronicle my recent trip to Nigeria and my Grandma's funeral has me breaking out in a cold sweat and my nasty reaction to my malaria medication is not helping so I thought I would ease myself in back to blogging by sharing my recent epiphany.

I was on Twitter and Aribaba of Jaguda.com fame tweeted something to the effect that he felt that he wasn't emotionally shook up enough to truly enjoy the power of Adele's 21 album and I replied that I had the same thought that week when I was listening to the album as well.

Then it hit me.........

I really wasn't burnt any more. Not by any of them! If you cast your eyes over the past four years of my blog there are a few names that totally cut me off at the knees emotionally but somewhere along the way I really just let it go! Trust me this is a big deal. Before it was a boost to hear their name and not want to hurl, but now I went through the names in my head and my head, heart or stomach did not lurch!

That is what brings me back to Adele's album. The woman is a an emotional genius. You would think that one of her eleven songs were solely talking about you. She doesn't hold anything back, not the anger, the sadness, the desperation...it's all there! But as much as I love love love her, I listen to the songs with appreciation but not my requisite sack cloth and ashes. It is sooooo liberating.

Trust me I don't know when it happened. With ExH, he has changed so much I can't even see the man I fell in love with so moving on was no hardship. Then there is Baked Beans, now here I really feel someone should give me a gold star and an A+ grade. I went home to Nigeria and not once did I call or text him (yeah me!!!). My official stance will always be that we could have been fabulous but I no longer feel like he owes me anything. It's just an acceptance that none of these men were for me, even the one I never named but always called him the Prototype (to my perfect man) oh well, we will always have London!

I thank God shah, big girls like me don't need the extra baggage (hmm let me go weigh myself, emotional baggage must be about a couple of pounds at least!!). Maybe this is how I start my new decade. I don't know how and when it happened but I like it!!! Ladies and gentlemen I declare myself ex-free!





17 Responses
  1. TheRustGeek Says:

    I see tis' the season of coming full circle then..... I suspect time has had a hand in this though.. Good one!


  2. CaramelD Says:

    Hmmm time heals all eh? Interesting....


  3. Myne Says:

    We underestimate the power of our hearts to heal with time. You go girl!


  4. well this time Adele definitely rules a lot! you can hear her music across the borders. from covers to renditions and etc. well i just pray for her complete recovery and see her again on stage. shesh`


  5. Miss Enigma Says:

    Set Fire to the rain is my fav from her.... Hpefully I get to this point soon, still slightly attached to my ex ...*sigh*


  6. Enkay Says:

    Oh CaramelD I can sooo feel you! And it's a great feeling indeed - coming full circle and finding you are free indeed.

    Here's to greater things ahead!


  7. aloted Says:

    hmm congrats! it couldnt have been easy but yes time does heal wounds


  8. CaramelD Says:

    @ Myne, I guess I really did! totally shocked :)

    @Diego, we are all praying for her to recover. Her operation sounded pretty intense.

    @Miss Enigma, it will happen. Trust me. One day you will wake up and think 'naaaa long tings!".


  9. CaramelD Says:

    @Enkay!!! How are you? Long time! I feel you, feeling me! Amen to great things ahead. Hope you are good :)

    @Aloted, It's liberating, I like it and thank you ;)


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Thank goodnes you're blogging again! And although I don't have Adele's album I agree that her lyrics are on point. I sometimes wonder how she's managed to gain so much life experience in such little time because she is only in her early 20s...


  11. CaramelD Says:

    @Trixycae, I knooowwwwww I'm really bad. My writing is tied to my emotions. If I feel over run I can't write. I love Adele, when you hear her in her interviews you can see that she is still very much a young woman who just happenes to have lived a little more than her peers and of course has a great talent as well.


  12. ManCee Says:

    Someone once told me that when we are done missing thi ngs/ppl, we start missing the sadness of it all which we had grown used to and still think it was the person/ dream we still miss!

    Big Hugz for you dear.


  13. dosh Says:

    It's really liberating to get over the hold people (esp guys) have over you and i'm happy for you. Bless your heart.


  14. Unknown Says:

    See? Time really does heal all wounds

    Adiya
    http://museorigins.com


  15. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Time. Time. Time..time and exes.


    Was about to press play on this song when your blog opened. I guess it's a sign that it's a fantastic song.


  16. Ginger Says:

    I'll drink to that! lol.

    I think I get what you mean... being able to appreciate the emotions in a song without your heart sticking a face or memory to it. liberationville!


  17. LucidLilith Says:

    Gurl, Adele's songs always make wanna have a really good cry about my exes but you know, I have learned to just enjoy her vocals. I am also baggage free. I feel like life is going by so fast and I cant wast time on anyone person except me. Great feeling isnt it?