CaramelD

If you didn't read about my 'interesting' summer romance and the subsequent break up, then please read part one and part two for this post to make sense.

Around November I got a whatsapp message from the dude saying 'hello'. I was rushing at work and just deleted it without a thought. Then around Christmas time I got a 'Merry Christmas'  message and that's when I seriously realised that he was trying to start up a conversation. I was seriously baffled. As in my non-existent eyebrows went up to my hairline. All I could think about was that I had to learn how to block people  on whatsapp, but again it was rush rush rush in the kitchen and I didn't pay it any mind.

When I finally made it to the a tiny little village in Somerset with my girls for a little holiday (pictures coming soon), I got the the first line of the message (I was doing a miniature hike) and only remembered to reply the  next day. The following conversation ensued.......


2/1/2013 15:26: Him: Its a new year, and a time for a fresh start, can we be friends?
3/1/2013 21:12: Me: Hi, I wish you no ill will but no we can't be friends.
3/1/2013 21:14: Him: Then u DO wish me ill will
3/1/2013 21:15: Him: And it says to me, that u don't have a forgiving heart
3/1/2013 21:15: Him: But thanks for responding at least
3/1/2013 21:15: Him: That is better than the rudeness of ignoring me
3/1/2013 21:23: Me: Actually, no it doesn't but feel free to interpret it how you see fit... Certain that there isn't any form of friendship that you could offer, that I'd be interested in. In the interests of civility let's start as we mean to go on with no further conversation.
3/1/2013 21:46: Him: How u can be certain of that, without knowing the future of having any ill will against me, is a wonder. However, I have no intention of imposing my friendship on u. I just felt that as it is a new year, let all old things pass, besides whatever, we did like each other and got on well enough. I won't bother u again.

Now my question is this....

Doesn't he realise that he is one of the 'old things' that have to pass in 2012. After  how this dude behaved towards me and his own admissions that he was faking his behaviour with me, exactly how are we meant to be friends? After that last phone conversation we had in when we broke up, I seriously had chills. I thought to myself, all may not be OK with this bloke oh. The deluded arrogance of it all just baffles me!

Shebi he was looking for girls to have sex with asap? Oya go and find them now. Why are you looking here? Hmm. Wonders shall never cease.

_____________

A helicopter went down during rush hour near my part of the city this morning, killing two people and placing eleven people in hospital. May the souls of the departed rest in peace and may those in hospital have a full recovery. When you leave your house in the morning and get back safely at night everyday, it really is a mini miracle.

Stay delightful people xx

12 Responses
  1. Toinlicious Says:

    I truly feel like shitting on this guy's head. And who came up with the 'lets be friends' bit sef? You treat a person like a piece of sh*t and you came back with 'lets be friends'? Really?


  2. CaramelD Says:


    @Toin, The funny part is now berating me for not taking you up on your offer. I really wanted to give him a few home truth but I was on my holiday damn it! I didn't want bad vibes following me.


  3. aloted Says:

    they say women are mysteries...i say men are more mysterious! what nonsense...and wetin be all that grammar he dey blow...

    old things are passed away jo! i am glad you put him in his place...

    heard about the helicopter crash too... so sad...it is indeed a miracle leaving home and coming back home safely


  4. CaramelD Says:

    @Aloted, I didn't understand that last bit of grammar either. The crash really got me thinking, and even though lives were lost I am grateful that it wasn't much worse.


  5. A-9ja-Great Says:

    Man and woman matter,the thing be as e get.Nice blog!


  6. CaramelD Says:

    @ 9ja Great, Yes it is! From the beginning of time.... Thank you very much. Welcome and don't be a stranger.


  7. Myne Says:

    But people are not things now, abi? I wouldn't say be friends, but it seems he's trying to apologize in a roundabout way. Accept it and move on, as acquaintances maybe?


  8. Myne Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  9. CaramelD Says:

    Ahh Myne, there is nothign wrong with being friends etc with exs and but he has an undercurrent of vindictiveness that made me quite wary and I don't roll with people like that. Also in all the times he did whatsapp me I didn't see a hint of an apology or an explanation for his behaviour. Nah! I go with my instincts on this one.

    PS Have you started Downton Abbey yet?!


  10. Enkay Says:

    I had to go to the previous posts before coming to comment and I am like, "What?!"

    Some guys sha! lol!

    It's a new year o jare and we're having none of that "old stuff"!


  11. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Kpekele kpekele. I laugh in Igbo. The nerve.... hissss


  12. Ginger Says:

    Abeg keep things moving jare. Old is old. And though I am the type who likes-not-to-make enemies, some exes have a reserved seat in my 'dont speak to/dont chat to' list.
    You are ex for a reason. Stay there.