CaramelD
First a little hymn.....

The steadfast love of the Lord never ages
His mercies never come to an end!
They are new every morning,
New every morning,
Great is thy faithfulness oh Lord!
Great is thy faithfulness!


Happy New Year lovely people! I hope this year finds you fit and healthy and ready to tackle the year. The above hymn was what I was singing while I took my driving test in the pouring rain and I passed!!! Hurrah! Praise the Lord! It was a long time coming and I'm super thrilled. How did my Mum celebrate? She took off her wig and repeatedly threw it in the air. I'm not lying!

Another point of thanksgiving is that even though kidnappers took our in-law from the front of his house in Enugu, he was returned unharmed a few days later! I was so petrified, my knees were shaking. With kidnapping incidents it can all go terrible wrong and I want to thank God that he was safely returned to his family as a lot of people are not so fortunate. 

My family friend was stabbed and by a gang of black boys at a New Years Eve party in Clapham, London. They chased him through the streets and if not for the fact that he is athletic and a good runner, they would have killed him. He has had surgery on his left arm and will need about 18 months healing time as there was extensive nerve damage. On my knees, thanking God as young black boys lives in London can be very cheap.

I don't bother with resolutions, just goal points! My two most pressing ones are financial stability and my continued weight loss. So far I'm 11kg down since mid September and I hope to continue to 30kg by April. I pray that all your goals will come to pass this year. Remember to pray for what you need, not what you want. 

Stay Delightful x 
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Happy New Year oh. A stabbing?!?! What a way to start 2013! I pray he recovers quickly and remains safe. Good luck with everything babe!


  2. CaramelD Says:

    I know right?! Totally nuts! Thank you ducky!!!


  3. Freaksho Says:

    Good Lord. There's always, always something to be thankful for.


  4. Myne Says:

    Happy New Year. The stabbing and kidnapping, that is so scary.. Thank God they're OK.


  5. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Oh wow!that's really scary. Thank God no one died.
    Why are your goal points the same as mine?


  6. CaramelD Says:

    @Freaksho, yes there is! Like you blogging again. Don't stop now.

    @Myne, I keep praising God oh, the story could have ended on a terrible note but for His grace.

    @Sirius, they are the same because we divas need to set ourselves right! HAHAHAHA!