CaramelD
(All a bit random)


Yummmmmmmmmmmm just had the nicest soup ever! Sweet Potato and Chilli. Yummmmm!
So I am losing weight slowly as per the plan, all is on course. I went to the designer who is making my bridesmaid outfit for my friend's wedding in April (I know, another one, I'm so going to write about my professional bridesmaid runs) and she had my measurements from November. So bust, under bust, waist, CaramelD has lost two inches minimum. The lady was measuring me and comparing the measurements and it was like music to my ears. Then we get to my hips......just 1/2 inch! Haba! Na wa oh for my God given African bumper. It isn't budging! It is a weapon of mass destruction! 8lbs lost and still the hips/bum don't budge!!!
I was going to post a picture of my hips then I realise that over the past year I keep posting pictures of my bum for one reason or the other so I thought I better cool it ;)
I am proud of my online name ie Caramel Delight because it was given to me by a friend. Then today I Googled the name, ah haba! Every one and their dog has the name for one thing or the other! Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww! Imagine!!! My blog does come up in the top selection but dang!
Going through my blog (I was looking for a particular post) and I realised just how much I have written through the past two and a half years. All the adventures in Lagos during youth service, men drama, family issues and just plain randoms. I loved looking at just the titles. Makes me want to read my blog from the beginning! If blogger.com should ever crash, I would be in big trouble, too many memories here to lose.
The good mood of the previous post lasted well into the week but came crashing down on Thursday when my friend (who owns the flat I have been crashing in) flew in London and made it clear that my Mum and I had outstayed our welcome. Oh gosh, I felt so so so bad. So uncomfortable. Mortified even. I have told my Mum by fire by force, whatever bad luck is following our house search ( I owe Nice Anon a detailed explanation) we have to be out by next month.
[BREAKING NEWS]
I am going to be a co-host on Verastically Speakin' on the 6th of March! Whoooooooooooooooop! I'm so exicted! Also quite nervous as I'm sure that I sound like a baby over the radio (I used to do hospital radio when I was in university). The topic is Big Size = Big Dating Problem (cough cough)! I can't wait!
PS I forgot to say, there is an American baby book which is the best seller in its genre (I have to double check the name). So it has over 100 000 international baby names and some are Nigerian. Under 'c', they had my name whoop! My Igbo name is not all that popular, so to have my name and not a 'Chioma', 'Chinwe', 'Nkechi' or 'Adaeze' in sight was great! hahahahahahahahahha!
OK lunch break over, back to work xx
19 Responses
  1. CaramelD Says:

    Oh sorry about the lack of paragraphs. Not quite sure what is going on with ye olde blogger today.

    PS My bra doesn't hurt this week :)


  2. Congrats on the weight loss! Clearly you're doing something right.

    Hope the house hunting goes well; it's not easy at all!

    And I'm looking forward to hearing you next weekend on Verastically speaking! I'm sure you'll be awesome.


  3. CaramelD Says:

    GNG! It's me and you whooop!


  4. joicee Says:

    As I read the first part of your post, the movie 27 dresses sprang to my mind.....

    congrats on your weight loss.. you´ll see even more significant changes as you carry on.


  5. SHE Says:

    Eh? I think you'd better start charging fees for doing bridesmaid for people...

    Where una go come stay? I hope your friend is giving you three months notice to find another place?


  6. Anonymous Says:

    lol.. good stuff... fingers crossed for the 6th of March.. :)


  7. leggy Says:

    i hope you find a house oh..na wa oh.


  8. LucidLilith Says:

    March 6. Check. will be listening.


  9. Myne Says:

    You better save your posts incase blogger closes shop, lol. Now I'm wondering what your name is. Hmmmm. Will look forward to march 6.


  10. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Really???
    She said that?
    Anyways it's her house.....
    I'm Kinda pissed.
    *hisss
    Like I said it's her house.

    Yep! the hips will always go last!
    Good work with the gradual loss....it is the way forward.

    I wonder if my name made it to that book, considering how "Uncommon" it is.


  11. TayneMent Says:

    Yay on your weight loss. Not easy and that's an achievemnt. hope you find a house soon.


  12. Sugarking Says:

    Chai, Ur in my prayers about the house thing jare. There's nothing like being in ur own place. Nothing!

    Verastically wetin? what's dat? Where do I tune in? I no get radio o!!!


  13. Femme Lounge Says:

    lol@at professional bridesmaids.
    all the best in your house search and have fun on verastically speakin.


  14. LusciousRon Says:

    Congrats on the weight loss. All the best with the house search. Hope you find something soon.


  15. T.Notes Says:

    Lol,you write scrumptiously-for a Nigerian too!It's like reading one of those bestselling Contemp.Comedy Beach Novels;)Carry On!


  16. CaramelD Says:

    @ Joicee, you have inspired my next post.

    @SHE, my Mum and I will scatter until the paperwork on the new house is completed and we exchange contracts.

    @DannyB, thanks!

    @Leggy we have found another one, now they are just doing paperwork but that takes about 5 weeks.

    @LucidLilith, good :)

    @Myne, I heard you and your hubby on the last show. It was great! My name is just your run of the mill Igbo girl runs:)

    @Sirius, I will look up your name and see if I see it in the book.

    @TayneMent, thank you oh.

    @Sugarking, The radio is online so you are all good. You will find the link on Vera's site, www.verastic.com

    @ Femme Longe, thank you. I can't wait.

    @LusciousROn, thank you oh. We have found another one but we have been here three times before! Just waiting for all the paperwork to be cleared then I will breathe a little bit better.

    @ T.Notes, thank you, that is a big compliment indeed.


  17. T.Notes Says:

    BTW,T.Notes is now soliciting readers for his new blogspage-which will promisingly get more spicy in time. So, hit follow on me;)


  18. T.Notes Says:

    Feb 23...tick tock tick..time's taking too long till next update! You have an obligation to followers you know!
    Ok i'm bored n looking for something to read.


  19. LovePaprika Says:

    mchew totally missed the radio show...

    U go girl! on the weight loss! and why would u wanna lose them hips n bum... better fix up :D