CaramelD


Just yesterday I told my Mum that she was cracking up. Why? She left the electric blanket on in her bedroom overnight while she went to work and that is a serious fire hazard. She also left the key in the lock of our side door, also overnight! My guardian angel must have been working overtime (thank you guardian angel sorry for stressing you). So there I am begging my Maternal Unit to take it easy before I get murdered in my bed before my time.


Then what did I do?


I made a rookie mistake in a press release I wrote yesterday. I'm still kicking myself over that one. Then I came to work today with our house phone in my handbag. [sigh].


I guess my promise not to stress isn't holding that well. Well we can't rent our house anymore. SO we have to bounce by the 31st and the house we want to buy, the agent omitted to tell us that is it ex-council which means we wouldn't have offered the price we did for it. So we are looking again.........



Here is the joke my manager sent to cheer me up, enjoy.




The Funeral Procession



A man was leaving a convenience store with his morning coffee when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.

A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one.

Behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a dog on a leash.

Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file.

The man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached the man walking the dog and said, 'I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this.
Whose funeral is it?'

'My wife's.

''What happened to her?'

The man replied , 'My dog attacked and killed her'

He inquired further, 'But who is in the second hearse?'

The man answered, 'My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her.'

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between the two men.

'Can I borrow the dog?'

The man replied, 'Get in line.'
17 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    thoughtful from your manager.... grab some rest..


  2. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Oh no!

    Jehovah Loves His Daughters.

    These times have to be nerve wrecking, 31st isn't far off!!!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    wow,i hope you find something.
    and the joke..lol.


  4. Myne Says:

    The joke was just so funny, let me laugh first. LOL


    OK OK, sorry about your house situation. But why won't you buy the house anymore? Because its ex-council or you could have bought it for less? Didn't you see and like the house first?

    All the best in the next ones.


  5. mizchif Says:

    Ok, the joke really got me ROTFLMAO!

    As for putting your house fone in your bag, last time i saw that was a very, very old woman outside the hospital wondering why she couldn't get through to the cab service (that's all i'm saying) lol

    All the best with your search for a new house. Thank God you found out about the ex-council status before paying sha.


  6. Sugarking Says:

    Aww sweetie, u'll be fine jare. trust. dat joke was maaaad!!!


  7. Nice Anon Says:

    LOL@ taking the house phone to work. Ha haaaaaa LWKMDEAD!

    Oh bugger! Well, keep looking I am sure there are tons of homes out there that needs a buyer.


  8. CaramelD Says:

    @DannyB, my manager rocks! Can't rest right now, but hopefully soon. Maybee 2009 LOL!

    @Sirius, preach it Sister!

    @Leggy, let us have hope.

    @ Myne Whitman, LOL. Glad that you enjoyed it. An ex-council house, should be £5000 less in their asking price. We might as well have gone for other houses whcih we saw before that one. Also they aren't moving out on time.

    @Mizchif, I won't lie oh. I got into the office looked at my handbag and thought, hmm that doesn't look like my Blackberry! LMAO!

    @Sugarking, of course! Correct Igbo Princess like myself will definately survive :)

    @Nice Anon, we are still looking shah. I trust in the Big G. Last, last if we don't find I'll become a sexy gypsy.


  9. SHE Says:

    Looks like you both have a lot on your minds.

    Nice of your manager to send the joke.

    I think its been a while since I've been here.


  10. Folashade Says:

    sowwwi abt the house ...it is well

    lol....dats a good joke.....


  11. Afrobabe Says:

    Lol @ the joke…

    Babes, I walked all the way to the bus stop with my hair net on and I am not even burdened like you guys are…everything will work out...


  12. That joke is hilarious!

    When I saw the phone in your bag I was going to say "someone mixed up the home phone and cell phone!" It sounds like you were having one of those days...defintely been there!

    Sorry about the house woes...I don't know what ex-council means though.


  13. lol@ your manager!!!

    Things will be good


  14. LusciousRon Says:

    Nice joke. I hope things work out fine. House hunting is a chore.


  15. CaramelD Says:

    @ She, It's been ages! Warrup? How body?

    @Shade, glad you enjoyed it.

    @Afrobabe! Aha, that's a golden classic! 'Hairnet out of house' move ;)

    @GNG, Ex-council is basically a home that was built by the local authorities and not private developers. Back in the day, the Council would build massive estates to house people. So it would mean cut and paste houses.

    @ Girl with the Red Hair, I hope so.

    @Luscious Ron, a realllllll chore! How have you been?

    @


  16. Writefreak Says:

    Hope you find something nice soon...

    And that is such a nasty joke! lol


  17. ibiluv Says:

    me love the joke!!!!!!

    house fone don turn mobile....*wink*