CaramelD

I don't consider myself a stupid person but let me just say I seriously underestimated the drama with moving from a house you have lived in for 20 years. Rita asked me once if I would be sad, the problem is that I didn't have time to be sad! In the end with all the bags of stuff we gave away and the colossal amount we threw away (some of it behind my Mother's back) we still filled up a big moving van twice and a mini van (like sandwich vans) three times. Chineke!


May God bless my friends that helped, my Uncle that drove down from Birmingham in the early hours of the morning, and my cousins who have turned wrapping into an art form (they read my blog cough cough) and I thank the Holy Spirit for holding me back so I didn't back hand the moving van man that was shouting at my Mother! Who born you? I ran out of the bathroom in just my wrapper (I swear I didn't remember I was undressed) and told him to STOP SHOUTING AT MY MOTHER! See trouble oh! The day before he had seen three family members to help him so when he came the next day and they weren't there he started hollering that we are taking advantage of him! What exactly is your bloody job description?


Anyway I am not glamorously homeless, a friend of mine kindly offered her empty flat. So we are just perching till we find a house that works.


There is so much bad stuff happening this week. I don't even have the energy to list them. Yes oh, they can be listed!!! I have been praying extra because it was coming from all angles. My manager not liking my work, deaths, accidents, serious illnesses, Christmas plans going to pot (a pox on the British High Commission) my Dad and his family wahala AGAIN!!! This time they called police men from Benin to come and arrest my Dad and one of his brothers who didn't agree to join the idiots and the police came two days after the poor man's traditional wedding. What must his poor bride be going through?


So I am doing that mind exercise where you list your favourite things to make you feel better. If you could do with some cheering up, add your own, trust me it helps.



  • Long unhurried phonecalls from my favourite people.

  • Chicken Laska soup (yummmm and less than 5% fat)

  • Hot bubble baths

  • When my brother makes my Dad call me so he can say goodnight before he goes to bed.

  • Black men in a good suit (whoosh)

  • Abba. I can't get enough Abba in my life.

  • My cousin's legendary game nights. I have found I have an untapped talent for Taboo and Charades. Pictionary is a killer though.

  • Blogsville, though I miss the Old Guard, the new writers on the block are blowing my mind.

  • Hot pink or fire engine red on my toes.

  • Lighting a candle in Church, it's like my prayers are continued even though I have left.

  • ..........and foot rubs (I got introduced to that recently, oh my).


You see? Feeling better.



PS My computer is in storage with everything else so forgive any long gaps. I can only blog from work now during my break.



16 Responses
  1. Nice Anon Says:

    Abba.. my favorite. I have their greatest hit CD. seems everything you have listed up there seems to be working. I need to try that foot massage. Hopefully you will get a place of your own. I don't even understand why it is taking so long seeing as there are tons of houses on the market. Goodluck!


  2. Vera Ezimora Says:

    Smacking a man's butt.

    It is mm mm good.

    Not just any butt, of course. It has to be the right texture. I can't quite explain it.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Vera!!! This butt smacking is all Mr. Shoe's fault. Anyhue my fav thing to so is stay in bed until noon then have a nice long unhurried lunch watching my favorite K-Drama. No phone, no internet, no outside world. Kpesh!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    why cant your dad live with you people and leave those people's wahala?


  5. Myne Says:

    I like your list but I also watch a musical and laugh or cry it out.

    Hopefully you guys will get a place soon and that will be one less thing to worry about. Take care love...


  6. ~Sirius~ Says:

    Wuzzums!!!

    You know better Christmas's are on their way and they will include little urchins running around :-)

    Hold on tight.


  7. Fragilelooks Says:

    it'll only get better. kip praying.


  8. TRYBES Says:

    Soon enough you will weather this storm..


  9. I'm so glad you guys have a friend who was able to offer you and your mom a place to stay, and I'm thankful for the family that helped you move. I discovered that I don't like moving at all, but having my family and friends show up sure helped!

    Your listing of your favourite things is very Sound of Music, one of my favourite movies! I like.


  10. Anonymous Says:

    keep hanging in there!


  11. CaramelD Says:

    I miss blogsville sooooo much!!!!!!!!! BIG BOSOM HUG (c)

    @ Nice Anon, I love Abba!!! What's your favourite? No we found houses, then the owners will put a spanner in the works.

    @Vera, LOL! I am yet to try that...I'll be sure to have it in mind. I'm always open to new activities ;)

    @Lucidlilith, gosh, try saying your name five times! I love lie-ins.

    @Leggy, My Dad's house is in the palace compound. We are building a new house seperate from the palace and hopefully that will bring us a measure of peace. My Dad doesn't like living in London and in a short space of time My Mum will retire and move home too.

    @Myne Whitman, this is my third list I think, I have definately mentioned musicals. I love them big time! Any opportunity for a song and dance and I'm there.

    @Sirius, IS THAT A HINT???!!!! Lord have mercy, I've gone all faint!

    @ Fragile looks, thanks I will for sure.

    @Trybes, I have my raincoat, umbrella, rubber wellies, it's all good.

    @GNG, I love Sound of Music too. Abeg who doesn't?! No Christmas is complete without it on tv. "When the dog bites
    When the bee stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so bad"!!!!

    @DannyB, I am hanging with my finger tips :)


  12. velvet Says:

    God is in control..good luck to u


  13. Enkay Says:

    phew! At least you're not homeless!

    This too shall pass dearie.

    Is your dad free from the policemen yet? I don't like police o!

    pele again!


  14. Anonymous Says:

    ah.. finger tips? sending a parachute your way in case your fingers slip...


  15. Ms. 'dufa Says:

    i'M SO LATE! Hoping the police ish has been sorted out newayz.


  16. Anonymous Says:

    thediaryofalostone.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading thediaryofalostone.blogspot.com every day.
    pay day loan
    payday advance